In order to do this, it is a good idea to strip the doors out and replace them with aluminium door cards, so I ordered these up and got busy with the doors.
Stripping them was pretty straightforward, but the complication is having to move a load of wiring to get the door cards to fit. The passenger side was pretty easy and just involved taking out the speakers etc.
Passenger door before stripping (old card already removed)
The drivers door was a lot more involved as we need to keep the window switches out and put them somewhere else. In order to do this I had to move all the wiring out the door except the two wires that go to the window motor, and then relocate the switch somewhere else. For the minute I just left it hanging around.
Hmmm. Lots of wires.
Once this was done, screwing on the new cards was just a case of more drilling to make some holes and then screwing everything in place. I really have been drilling a lot recently.
Just needs screwing in
At some point during this abuse, the car decided it had had enough and somehow managed to slam the door straight onto my hand :*-O. So I hit it with a hammer. The door that is, not my hand.
We made up though, and the car is really starting to look a bit brutal now. I like it :-).